Wednesday 24 February 2016

Book Review: Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist

Title: Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist 
Author: David Levithan & Rachel Cohn 
Publisher: Ember
Release Date: 28/08/2007
Pages: 183
Service: Gift
Format: Paperback
Buy: Book Depository

'It all started when Nick asks Norah to be his girlfriend for five minutes to avoid his ex-girlfriend, who's just walked into his band's show. With a new guy. And then, with one kiss, Nick and Norah are off on an adventure set against the backdrop of New York City - and smack in the middle of all the joy, anxiety, confusion, and excitement of a first date.



I'm going to get to the point right at the start of this review. I was disappointed in this book. I've read Cohn and Levithan's collaboration before when I had read 'Dash and Lily's Book of Dares' and I enjoyed it. This book, however, not so much. 

The beginning seemed to be pretty promising and I was enjoying it quite a bit. I liked Nick and his friends and Norah seemed okay too. About 80 pages into the book, I started to lose interest. Both Nick and Norah ended up being characters that I didn't really enjoy reading. Norah didn't seem to know what she wanted to do. Her mind seemed to be everywhere with everything. One minute she'd decide something and the next she would change her mind. For me, it was a little annoying to read. Nick's POV didn't seem to really give me much about himself. There wasn't a whole load I really learnt about the person he was. I just thought that there could have been a lot more character interaction because there would be a page or two with no speech and just what they were thinking and there were points I didn't think it was really necessary.

Another thing about this book is that there is a lot of swearing. More than I thought there would be. There wouldn't be any for a couple of pages and then it would be in every other line. I don't mind if there is swearing in books but it just felt like there was an excessive use of it 

Favourite Quote: 



Rating: ★1/2

 photo signature1_zpsda2bb39d.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment