Wednesday 5 August 2015

Summer: A Love-Hate Relationship



Summer, such a lovely time of the year but one where I battle a love-hate relationship with it. Part of me loves summer time and part of me can't wait to see the back of it sometimes. 

Summer gives me the longest break from school within the school year. A time where I have no lessons to go to and can't spend time the way I want to spend it. I don't have to worry about homework or coursework being due in the next week. 

I get the chance to spend time with my family. The school year always seems to be busy, straight after school come home and do revision or any homework I have and I don't really get the time to sit down and spend time with my family. Not as much as I want to anyway. So, summer gives me the chance to spend as much time with them I want without the nagging thought of work in the back of my mind. 

I live in a city that is surrounded by beaches and they're even more enjoyable when the Sun's out. Going out for drives around the coast and going for the odd picnic is nice in the Sun and although we can still go for the drives in the winter, picnics aren't really as enjoyable in the rain. 

Ice cream is always a great reason to love summer. I sometimes feel strange having it when it's in the middle of winter but in summer I have to qualms with eating it. As well as that, I love hearing the ice cream van going along the roads. Especially in the evening. 

On the other hand though, sometimes it gets a little too sunny. The sort of heat where it's too warn to do anything and all you really want to do is sit in the house with all the windows open and with the fan on. 

Flies! You have no idea how much flies make me hate summer. Especially Blue Bottles. They're such a pain to me. I can't stand them when they fly around my ears and just the annoying buzzing sound. I am really not a huge fan of them at all.

Also, sometimes summer holidays, I find, can be too long for me. I feel like there's only so much you can do, and then it comes to a point where I just want to go back so I'm productive and can see all my friends. 

So, what's your relationship with summer like?
 photo signature1_zpsda2bb39d.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment