Sunday 1 February 2015

Looking Back At: January 2015



The first month of 2015 as gone by in a blink of an eye It's crazy and I can't believe it. Though I'll be honest, it's been a month that has been packed full of different things. Both enjoyable and stressful.

What's Been Going On?

The beginning of this year was spent in New York City which was an amazing adventure and such a great way to kick start the year. I've posted about the trip on here for anyone who wants to know what I got up to while I was out there. 

After landing back in the UK I had that day to rest before going back into school the next day. And that day, which was a Tuesday, was spent doing revision for my January exams that were going to kick off on the Wednesday of that week. I had six exams that would start on that Wednesday and would finish on the following Thursday. I ended up sitting: 
  • Biology - Additional Science 
  • English Literature 
  • English Language Unit 1 (resit) 
  • ICT Unit 1 
  • English Language Unit 2 (resit) 
  • Physics - Additional Science
And they were sat in that order. I don't think there was a day that we were in school during that week of exams that we didn't have some kind of revision going on. The exams that I was most worried about were ICT and physics but I got through them. Results come on on March 5th and I'm happily going to be pushing that date out of my mind. 

The weekend I finished exams, I was out on a Duke of Edinburgh walk on the Sunday.It was freezing cold and we almost got lost quite a few times but yet again, I am always in awe of the beauty that Wales holds and this was yet again one of those things. A mountain centre may not sound like the most beautiful of places to some people but I loved it there even though I did end up slipping on a log. My one accomplishment that day was the fact I was able to cross a river on a few stones with no help and I didn't even slip. I'm probably never going to be able to do that again though...

I had some extremely good news this month that ended up being the highlight of my month.
Source
Towards the beginning of the month I knew that there was a new Saltrock opening up where I live and I was pretty interested in it. One of my friends ended up applying and sent me the email for a job there. So, that evening I sent them my CV and a cover note and I didn't really expect to hear anything back. Instead, I got a phone call from the store manager asking for an interview with them. So, five days later, I went to 'Costa' to have my interview with the area manager and store manager and they told me I would either find out that evening or tomorrow if I had a job there or not since the store was opening that Saturday. Whilst watching 'Hollyoaks' with my sister and mam I had a phone call which I was pretty nervous to pick up and as the manager spoke to me I heard the words "I just rang to tell you that you've got the job." I think he heard how excited I was down the phone since he asked me if I was happy. 


I was in that Wednesday and Thursday to help set the shop up and I got along with the whole team really quickly and really well. Everyone is so nice there and laid back. Saturday was then opening day and it was absolutely hectic in there! I wasn't entirely sure what to do for the first fifteen minutes since I was just on the shop floor for general customer service but after that I found my feet and I got into the swing of things. So, I now have my very first job and it's in such a great place!


Books? 

I decided to put my reading goal a little lower this year to 35 books since I know I'm in for a lot of exams and revision in the spring and summer term and hopefully I'll be starting my A-Levels in September.

I was pretty surprised at the amount of books that I managed to finish in January but I'm really happy with it. I've pretty much enjoyed all of the books that I've read. I've finished: 
  • Pride an Prejudice by Jane Austen 
  • Wither by Lauren DeStefano 
  • Fever by Lauren DeStefano 
  • Sever by Lauren DeStefano 
  • Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare
  • Breaking Nova by Jessica Sorensen 
I'm three books ahead of schedule which I was more than happy with. I haven't got a clue what I'll be reading this month. 


A Quote? 

I hope everyone had a great start to the year!
 photo signature1_zpsda2bb39d.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment