Saturday 9 August 2014

Stick A Fork In Me: Lemon Meringue Pie

So, I've wanted to do a lot more baking lately and I've also decided to take Food and Nutrition as a GCSE after school. So, I thought I would try some of the things that I wanted to cook for it in the house before I have to do it in school.  

I decided to make a lemon meringue pie and I had no idea what it was going to turn out like but my mam helped me out as well. I decided to do the pastry by hand as well because I just wanted to see how it would go. To be honest, the pastry was probably the most frustrating part of it all. It took a little while to get the right consistency and get it from the counter into the tin without any of the pastry cracking of baking but we eventually got there after numerous filed attempts. 

The meringue and the lemon filling were actually quite fun to make and the meringue was a lot easier than I thought that it was going to be. Personally I don't think it came out looking too shabby.

I'm really hoping that I can cook a lot more, especially with Summer coming up so I'll have a lot more time on my hands and I definitely want to try my hand at a few things in my Hunger Games cookbook! 


 photo signature1_zpsda2bb39d.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment