Saturday 19 July 2014

Saira's Speculating Mind: Dressing To Impress?


This is something that I've seen happen quite a lot and it ended up being something that I wanted to write about. Do we dress to impress? 



I have heard so many comments when I'm passing people in school and have seen them online and they all tend to be the same sort of thing. Always giving abuse to people because they might have decided to dress up a little more nicely that usual, or do their hair differently or wear some make up. Sometimes it's yelling abuse at the same person everyday because they always make an effort. There are people out there who tend to think that these other people are dressing up and putting that effort in for someone else. But is that always the case? 



I'm not a person that tends to dress up a whole lot and I'm more than happy in my jeans with no make up but that's not to say that I dislike people who wear skirt or dresses and wear make up. At the end of the day, these are the things that people feel comfortable in and I respect that. I get the off occasion where I do decide to dress up a little more nicely that usual and do my hair nicely. That doesn't mean that I'm making an effort for anyone though. At the end of the day I, and I'm sure a lot of other people, take pride in my appearance. I'm not a vain person but I like looking presentable. I do like to put in that extra bit of effort sometimes.  So, why do people think that we're always dressing up for someone else? And why to people always have to make fun of that and abuse people? 



There is absolutely nothing wrong with wanting to feel good about yourself and you shouldn't let other people tell you otherwise. Sometimes, it's just the right pair of shoes, or a certain hairstyle that makes you feel so much more confident in a day. Make you walk with you head held that little bit higher. There are so many people who feel the need to make people feel ashamed for taking care of the way that they look when that really shouldn't be the case and it annoys me that it happens.  


Self confidence is never a bad thing and we shouldn't be made to feel that it is. Who says that everything we do is to impress someone? 




No comments:

Post a Comment