Saturday 31 May 2014

Looking Back At: May 2014


This month has both dragged and gone extremely quickly at the same time. There have been a limited amount of things that have really gotten me excited. There were some times I wish time would go a little slower for me so I had more time to prepare for things and times where I wish things would just hurry up so I could get a lot of stuff just done and over with. 

May saw me kick-starting the first set of my exams. Within the space of six days I sat my Medicine and Treatment paper for history and all three of my science papers. I haven't got a clue what the results are going to come out like in September. So, I'm just going to have to wait and see what happens next. But that is four out of nine exams sat and done and there isn't anything I can do to change them now. I tried my best and gave it my all. So, a lot of May went towards me just anticipating exams and then four days of sitting them.

It's been a month that has been full of revision. exams and a lot of comfort eating. I've finally given my controlled assessments in for marking in resistant materials (RMT) and science. My RMT coursework was such a relief to give in, I was so worried what the mark would come out like since I can't draw for the life of me but I don't think it went too badly! I have learnt that I do need to spruce up my drawing skills a little before that exam next summer. 

The pretty awesome thing that happened was that I'm now a Deputy Head Girl in my school along with another one of my friends. We had to go through an application process where we either applied to be a Prefect or a Head. I applied for Head Girl, it then got narrowed down to five of us . We had to do a speech in front of our year group which I really enjoyed. They then voted for us and I ended up being in the top three and became a Deputy which I am more than happy with. It's a great way to kick off my last year of Secondary school and something that genuinely made me smile this month!

To say it's been a slow reading month is a huge understatement... I have only read two book. Personally, I think that's pretty good between revision and exams. I didn't even think that was going to get through that. But then again, I read one book at the beginning of the month before any of my exams had started and then read the other in half term where I had a lot more time and finished the book in two days 

So, I May I finished: 

  • Spirit Bound by Richelle Mead 
  • Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
But I have also started: 
  • Outshine by Nola Decker 
  • The Pledge by Kimberly Derting 

I've read 20 out of the 50 books on my Goodreads challenge and am just about on track but with the end of exams coming up I should hopefully be able to pick the pace up with reading which would be really nice. 

Hopefully June should have a lot more going on and won't be as packed with me going on about revision and comfort eating. There are quite a few things going on in that month that I'm really looking forward to!  


Hope everyone had a really good May and hope you all have an amazing June!





No comments:

Post a Comment