Wednesday 7 May 2014

Dropping Off At: Wicked's UK Tour


Saturday before last my sister and I took a train down to Cardiff and then another train to get to 
the Millennium Centre to watch the penultimate showing of Wicked in Cardiff before it moved on. And what can I say about the day? Genuinely, nothing would give it justice! 

We got into Cardiff at about half twelve and the show didn't start for two hours so we ended up grabbing lunch at what has to be one of my favourite place for food. The one... The only... Pizza Express! So, that was the start of what ended up being an fabulous day! 

We ended up wandering into the Millennium Centre after that and it was starting to fill with people floating around, ready to watch Wicked. There were some younger kids who had dressed up as witches and some girls who had the miniature witch hats in their hair. We ended up decided to go and look at the merchandise first before going to find our seat and I ended up picking up a few things on there that'll be later on in the post! Right next to the merchandise stand there was a small wooden cabin that was selling sweets and as you can see from the photo, it had squished the Wicked Witch of the East. If I hadn't been excited enough, that made me ten times more excited to head in. 

Once we were in our seat I couldn't help but take pictures of the stage before the show began. It was just so pretty and then the lights finally went down and I was grinning as soon as I heard the opening number. There were so many things about this show I fell in love with all over again. I ended up watching Wicked when I was in year six when we went to London. But I think being that little bit older now, knowing the songs and having a huge appreciation for theatre, it made everything ten times better. 

Source
There were just so many incredible things about the show. The costume design as fantastic! As soon as they lifted the curtain and we got the first view of some of the Munchkins and couldn't help but just stare at what they were wearing. It got even better when the citizens of Oz came out, now they were some costumes that I definitely was not expecting. 

I loved the acting and personally, I think the characters were portrayed perfectly! There were so many characters that I just wanted to yell at and so many I just wanted to hug and tell them that it would be okay. The whole cast just did a magnificent job! The music pit was just beautiful. I couldn't get over the instrumental. Listening to the CD is one thing but having a live orchestra play whilst watching the show was just another experience completely and nothing could have made it any better! 

I love fandom merchandise so much and I loved so much of the stuff that they were selling in the theatre so I did end up picking up a few pieces. I ended up getting the Wicked programme because I know it's something I'll always be able to look back and remember the day. I bought the Wicked tote bag as well which was really cute and I can't wait to use it! I've also got a Defying Gravity top which I am in love with at the moment and I'm really looking forward to wearing it! 

So, that was my trip to Wicked and I loved every single moment of it! 



Banner image from Page 394 and edited by myself

No comments:

Post a Comment