Wednesday 30 April 2014

Book Review: Frostbite

Title: Frostbite 
Author: Richelle Mead
Publisher: Razorbill
Series: Vampire Academy #2
Release Date: 10/03/2008
Pages: 327
Format: Paperback 
Buy: Book Depository
Author Twitter: @RichelleMead

‘Rose loves Dimitri, Dimitri might love Tasha, and Mason would die to be with Rose…

It’s winter break at St. Vladimir’s, but Rose is feeling anything but festive. A massive Strigoi attack has put the school on high alert, and now the Academy is crawling with Guardians – including Rose’s hard-hitting mother, Janine Hathaway. Ad if hand-to-hand combat with her mother wasn’t bad enough, Rose’s tutor Dimitri has his eye on someone else, her friend Mason has a huge crush on her, and Rose keeps getting stuck in Lissa’s head while she’s making out with her boyfriend Christian! The Strigoi are closing in, and the Academy’s not taking any risks… This year, St. Vlad’s annual holiday ski trip is mandatory. 


But the glittering winter landscape and the posh Idaho resort only create the illusion of safety. When three friends run away in an offensive move against the deadly Strigoi, Rose must join forces with Christian to rescue them. But heroism rarely comes without a price…’


This is the second instalment in the Vampire Academy series and I can say that I certainly was not disappointed in it. 

After reading the first book and being hooked on it I couldn’t wait to get my hand on the second one and when I did, I finished it in about the same about of time I did the first one. Richelle Mead really started to bulk out the plot in this one. She gave us a few answers to questions that were niggling in my mind and has given us a lot more to wonder about. 

There were a few things that bothered me in the first book as to why some of the characters were acting as they did but it was all cleared up in Frostbite and it also made me understand the plot a lot more. I found in this book that Mead went to make us think that we understood everything that piece the whole puzzle together before she makes us realise there’s actually a lot more for us to figure us. Personally, I loved because it made me want to keep reading the book to see if I would find out any more or if there was going to be a lot more mysteries. There were a lot of things that were cleared up in the book with just a few things that were lingering in the back of my mind. There are a load of surprises in this book that I really wasn’t expecting and really shocked me.

Christian is still one of my favourite characters in this book and I love the way his character develops and his relationship with Rose. You can see that they’re trying not to argue because of Lissa but it’s stills trained and hilariously awkward. I wasn’t as fond of Mason in this book though, I just ahd a weird feeling about him all the way through the book but that didn’t hinder anything at all. 

Another Royal was added in this book in the form of Adrian Ivashkov and he quickly become one of those characters that I love to hate. Extremely cocky and arrogant, I hates the way he acts around Rose but you can’t help but want to get to know more about him and I hopes that he’ll make a few more appearances in the books. 

The only reason I couldn’t give this a five star was because I just felt that there was something lacking there that was in the first book. 

Rating: ★★★★1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment