Sunday 2 March 2014

Looking Back At: February 2014




February! A month were I stop feeling so disorientated about the year! January was a bit of a whiz with everything going on but I feel like I have a stable hand of everything going on around me this month. It’s been a pretty busy month but I’ve loved it and there are so many things that have put a grin on my face this month. 

School has been busy but I’ve been enjoying it! I love being busy and having things to do and even though there’s been a few pieces of controlled assessment preparation that I’ve needed to do, homework to complete and revision to be done, it’s kept me on my toes and made sure that I keep busy.

My school and their usual PSE day this year where each year group has a theme and they’ll head over to activities that are based around their themes. A lot of the time for key stage three they’ll get some of the older pupils to lead their lessons and a lot of my friends went to HYPE training a few weeks before hand and were going to lead some year eight form groups and teach them about drugs. I had an idea a few weeks ago that I really wanted to use so I ended up working with some year seven classes to do a team building activity. I can’t say it wasn’t without some difficulties but it was still enjoyable when they actually did start to join in and it was a really good laugh. 

This month I also ended up getting my exam timetable! I ended up running up to my form class when I had spare lessons and got my timetable. It’s not as though I didn’t realise that my exams were coming up but I think looking at the timetable just made it more realistic. It also gave me dates to work towards which has made me ten times more determined. 

Half term came around which I thoroughly enjoyed since it was really nice to have the break from school but I cannot wait to go back and throw myself back into work! I’ve been getting my maths past paper done along with some revision and spending time with my family. 

The big thing that happened this month was that my sister has book our trip to New York City! That also explains the banner! We’re going to be bringing in 2015 over there and I cannot wait! So, we’ve both been spending some time looking at the different things we can do and starting to plan some things out. I’ve been starting to save up for spending money when we go out there but I’m so excited and it’s still setting in that we’re actually going! 

Book wise I’ve been pretty happy with what I’ve read this month as I have loved every single book I have read! 

The Boy In Striped Pyjamas by John Boyne – reread 
Frostbite (Vampire Academy #2) by Richelle Mead 
The Knife of Never Letting Go (The Chaos Walking Trilogy #1) 
Severed Heads, Broken Heart by Robyn Schneider

I’ve also started reading: 

The School for Good and Evil by Soman Chainani 
Larby Lodge by G&P Gallacher 

I’ve read 10 out of the 50 books I’ve set for myself in my Goodreads challenge so at the moment I’m to books ahead of schedule which I’m pretty happy with. 

So, that’s been my month and I can’t wait to see what March has in store for me! I’ve got a pretty good feeling about this month so I shall have to wait and see what happens! 

Hope you all had a great February and will have an even better March! 


No comments:

Post a Comment