Monday 30 December 2013

Book Haul Time! (#1)

Over the course of my birthday and Christmas I’ve seemed to have collected a lot of book vouchers from my family since they know how much I love books. And when I say a lot I mean A LOT. I didn’t think I could wait any longer to use those vouchers. So, I made my way over to the Waterstones site and reserved my books so that I could just go in store and collect (I was told it actually work out cheaper to do it on there). Altogether I managed to get 11 books with my vouchers and I also got another two from my family as well. 




Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare (Infernal Devices #1)
Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare (Infernal Devices #2)
Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare (Infernal Devices #3)

These are three books that I have been dying to get my hands on so I thought I may as well get the trilogy. The Infernal Devices series in the prequel to Cassie Clare’s ‘The Mortal Instrument’ series. Ever since I read those books I’ve been wanting to read the prequel, especially after my auntie had read them and told me that she thought they were amazing. Loads of people say that you can really see the improvement within her writing in these books, so I’m really looking forward to getting into them. 




Brisingr by Christoper Paolini (The Inheritance Cycle #3)
Inheritance by Christoper Paolini (The Inheritance Cycle #4)
Percy Jackson & The Lightening Thief by Rick Riordan (Percy Jackson & The Olympians #1)

Brisingr and Inheritance are the penultimate and final books in the Inheritance Cycle series. I’m currently in the middle of Eldest which is the second book in the series but I decided to get these so that they would be there and ready as soon as I finished this. The inheritance Cycle basically follows this boy who becomes a Dragon Rider and has to help the kingdom from their ruler. It’s all fantasy but a really interesting read. 

One of my Uncles gifted me the Percy Jackson series after I asked for it because one of my friend’s has been telling me to start the series. I’ve wanted to read it since the film has been out and I’ve only caught glimpses because I refuse to watch it until I’ve at least read the first book. 




The Glimpse by Claire Merle
Soulmates by Holly Bourne
Magician by Raymond E Feist (The Riftwar Saga #1)

Both The Glimpse and Soulmates caught my eye when I was reserving my books on Waterstones and after reading the blurb on them both I had to get them. The Glimpse is more of a dystopian type of book with romance in it, whereas Soulmates is mostly romance. Magician was a book that I had seen in Waterstones a few months ago and have been planning on getting it for a while. I like reading about magic so this seemed like a perfect book for me. 




Feed by Mira Grant (Newsflesh Trilogy #1)
Parasite by Mira Grant 
The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern 

Feed is the first book in the Newsflesh Trilogy, I had never actually heard of them before until I stumbled on it on the Waterstones website, I was going to get the other but I thought I’d see how the first book goes. I ended up looking up the author then and saw that she had done a separate book called Parasite which really interested me so I ended up getting that one as well. They’re both dystopian novels and I think these are the two books I’m looking forward to reading the most. 

The Night Circus seemed to be slightly creepy after I had read the blurb or it but it intrigues me at the same time so I thought I may as well give it a chance. The funny thing is my sister was going to buy it as well. 




The Unofficial Hunger Games Cookbook by Emily Ansara Baines 

The last book then isn’t really a reading book but a cookbook. My auntie got me the Unofficial Hunger Games Cookbook which I put on my Amazon Wish List and have wanted for ages. The recipes in there look awesome and I cannot wait to start making things from there!

No comments:

Post a Comment